Roger McCarthy QC
Roger McCarthy QC. Silk 1996. Please see the 5 clickable menu items at the top of this page for relevant information about Roger (including how to contact him, the details of his work expertise and experience, his background, his publications, his reputation and his achievements). He is authorised to sit as a Deputy High Court Judge (Family Division) and a Recorder.
- All aspects of children law.
- Care, family, health, social and welfare law.
- Human rights.
- Public law /judicial review.
(In legal directories)
- “..the speed with which he gets a grip on cases.”
- “..very constructive and helpful to deal with.”
- “..his profound intellect.”
- “..low key but effective style.”
- “..fearless passion.”
(In law reports )
- “..clear and precise…” (McFarlane LJ)
- “..erudite.” (Thorpe, Etherton LJJ)
- “..maintaining his composure… under …..fire..” (Munby J)
- “..his eloquence” (Munby J)
- “..enormously helpful” (Sumner J)
- “..the sensitive and sensible way in which he put forward, his client’s case”(Collins J)
- “..very clear” (Brooke LJ))
- “..devastating critique” ( Maurice Kay J))
(In judicial letter)
- ” your fine performance”
(Lord Hope of Craighead))
“Kudos throughout to Mr Roger McCarthy QC who navigated some very tricky law to find one of the great loophole solutions to what appeared at first to be an insoluble problem”
(Suessuspiciousminds.com – [anonymous blog commenting on legal issues)